When there are misalignments of the spine or subluxations whether in adults or babies, the nerves that travel to all of the systems in the body are compromised due to the pressure in these nerves. What the chiropractor does is simply take the pressur or nerve stress off the spine so the proper functioning of all body organs may be restored and heal any injury.
Chiropractic Care for Babies
It is not a surprise for some uninformed people to fear taking their babies to the chiropractor for examination and treatment. Chiropractic care to some people invokes “snap, crackle and pop,” which is the stereotype description for the chiropractic adjustments. Adults who undergo chiropractic adjustments can indeed feel some pressure and cracks in their backs. However, chiropractors have completely different techniques when making adjustments for babies. The chiropractic professionals apply gentle pressure suited to the back and neck of the babies. You can see for yourself the relief this technique will bring to your baby as misalignments are corrected. Chiropractic adjustments for babies are so gentle, babies will hardly feel it. They will be relieved and relaxed upon the correction of misalignments in their bodies.
A veteran chiropractic doctor aptly describes the pressure applied to the back and neck of a baby for adjustments as equivalent to the pressure a consumer uses to check a tomato for ripeness. The reason why babies will cry during a chiropractic session is usually out of being startled at a stranger touching them and undergoing a new experience they are not familiar with.
Chiropractic care has been proven to be a more effective and safer option than using prescription drugs and antibiotics. Chiropractic care in babies can also bring about healthier babies as the treatment will support their nervous and digestive systems.
The most notable benefits to the babies who have received chiropractic care are:
- Better sleep and sleeping patterns – Chiropractic care has been tested to be able to help give babies better sleep and better sleeping patterns.
- Healthy brain development – Chiropractic care promotes nerve development and healthy brain. Spine adjustment is like resetting the baby’s nervous center.
- Stronger immune system – Chiropractic care is the natural way to boost your babies’ immune system and drive away flu and colds, among other viral and bacterial infections.
- Ease colic problems – Many cases of colic problems have been addressed with chiropractic care after every other means have been exhausted to little or no avail. The chiropractic adjustments in babies have also been proven in comparative studies to be significantly more effective than anti-gas medications.
- Improved digestive functions – Poor digestion is one of the results if the infant has spinal subluxations and the function of the digestive system is compromised. Chiropractic adjustments will restore all of the baby’s body functions, including proper digestion.
- Easier breathing – Symptoms of asthma, sinuses, allergies and stuffiness may all be lessened, if not cleared up, with chiropractic care.
- Healing of ear infections and ear aches
- Addressing feeding and breastfeeding issues
Countless cases of all these and many more issues with infants have been successfully and safely resolved with chiropractic care.
People of all age groups can benefit from the amazing results of chiropractic healthcare. Chiropractors are well trained and experienced in the treatment of babies, as they are with treating children, adults, and senior citizens.
Parenting and rearing children is difficult enough and stressful. The care for infants is a special challenge as babies are unable to communicate well, especially when they are in pain or have illnesses. Let the chiropractic doctors be your partners in alleviating the health conditions of your babies and make things easier for you in your important parenting roles.